HighlightUsers has been unmaintained for over 2 years. Several issues user have suggested have not been fixed.
Here I suggest a few changes:
- Use auto-generated CSS instead of adding color to elements one by one. - Using Ajax to color elements is slow and elements loaded after the script are not colored. CSS stylesheet ensures all matched elements are colored whenever they are loaded.
$(window).load():is able to solve this problem.
- Use caches to save loading time. Load from the cached stylesheet after the stylesheet has been generated. (You don't want to generate the same stylesheet every time you load a page, right?)
- Detect user rights changes so that the stylesheets are updated once there are any changes.
- Suggested by mfaizsyahmi and leviathan_89: Give each user group a specific class.
- Exclude links in "My favorite wikis".