Gadgets are user scripts that customize MediaWiki. They are used on Fandom Developers Wiki to enhance the user experience by providing functionality that would otherwise be for personal-only use and can be configured through your preferences.
List of gadgets
These gadgets currently exist on Dev Wiki. To see which ones of these affect you, check your preferences.
- AFProtected - makes more obvious the fact that pages prevented by a local abuse filter cannot be edited by regular users.
- CodeEditor - loads the Ace code editor on all code pages outside the article mainspace.
- DemoScripts - code demonstrations for the Fandom Developers Wiki mainspace.
- Discord - right rail module for accessing the Fandom Developers Wiki Discord.
- FANSUN - comprehensive dark theme for all aspects of Fandom.
- FixJSRTLang - fixes a bug that results in an incorrect language being shown in the JS Review module.
- Highlight - tool for quickly updating Highlight. Please remember to do manual corrections if needed.
- LanguageBox - places the interlanguage navigation above article contents.
- LanguageSearch - search utility for interlanguage link dropdowns.
- MediaWikiBacklink - provides a backlink to mainspace documentation at MediaWiki code pages.
- MinimalJSPages - utility script that makes Special:JSPages easier to read.
- MinimalTestModeAlert - minimal indicator for JSRT test mode in community header.
- NullEditButton - tool for refreshing pages, especially ones using LangSelect.
- SearchEnhancements - search utility for quick discovery in enhancement lists.
The requested gadget:
- Must have a documentation article on Dev Wiki.
- Must be requested as opt-in if it violates customization policy.
- Should provide missing functionality or useful customization to Dev Wiki users.
- Should be stable and meet high expectations for code quality.
In order to request a gadget to be created on Dev Wiki, you may:
- Check the guidelines (to avoid disappointment!)
- Leave a request using the text box below:
When you request your gadget:
- The community will discuss the gadget addition and form a consensus on it.
- If the community discussion is successful, the admins will discuss it in private. They will mainly ensure the gadget meets the guidelines and is stable.
- If the admins approve the gadget, it will be installed.