ExtendedPrivateMessaging adds additional features to Special:Chat, including easily-accessible group private messaging and alerts when users block and unblock you.
The screenshot shows the group PM creation screen, that dims the whole page (but doesn't render it unusable) except the help tooltip and userlist. You can also see in the background the (configurable) icon used for group private messages, and modified header to include all members.
- Group chat creation by shift-clicking the "Private Message" button and a dedicated button on the chat header.
- Stable group messages with editable group chat names.
- Inline alerts when a user you have a private message with blocks your messages, and join/leave alerts when people leave from a group chat.
- Several bug fixes from vanilla Special:Chat.
- (optional) Responsive group icons, depending on group members.
All variables are stored in the
ExtendedPrivateMessaging object, which must be defined before the importArticles statement.
- This is a string of a publicly available image to be used when the group is over 5 members, or when user icons are disabled. Please keep this image to 30px in height and width. Default:
- This can be a boolean that will define whether or not to use group icons with user avatars. Default:
groupIcon: 'https://i.imgur.com/ulaOCLw.png', // Might be more fit for wikis with dark themes than the default icon