MessageBlocker is a script for Fandom Chat that is able to prevent all messages by a certain user, or set of users, from appearing.
This extension affects Chat on a personal level only. It does not interfere with messages as seen by other users.
To block or allow messages from a user, click on their name in the user list to bring down the user's drop down menu. The option is below the "Private Message" button.
There is a modal that lists all users currently blocked. This is accessible through the "MB" button and the !blocklist command.
The modal has a button to clear the list of banned users.
MessageBlocker has the following text commands. To use them, insert the command into the text pane, and press Enter:
- !blocklist - opens a modal that lists blocked users
- !block - block a user
- !block Dzylon will block Dzylon
- !unblock - unblock a user
- !unblock FandomBot will unblock FandomBot
- Messages posted by users with chatmod rights cannot be blocked with this script. This includes local administrators, staff, wiki-managers, Fandom Helpers and SOAP members.
- The script stores data for blocked users in
localStorage. Thus, users can't be blocked across wikis.
- The script also does not block PMs from users, as Chat can do this.
- December 5 2012 (v1.0)
- Dzylon: Initial release.
- December 11 2012 (v1.1)
- Dzylon: Inline stylesheeting for user blocks.
- August 23 2017 (v1.2)
- MACH-59330: Local storage support, some front-end improvements and cleanup.
- February 29 2018 (v1.3)
- MACH-59330: I18n support, performance improvements (logic rewrite, preload dependencies), DRY.
- March 4 2018 (v1.4)
- MACH-59330: Text commands, moderator checking, user cache validation, further logic rewrites.
- May 6 2018 (v1.5)
- MACH-59330: Updated to use WDSIcons library.
- June 6, 2018 (v1.6)
- MACH-59330: Updated to use Chat-js, multiple bugfixes.
- Fix for usernames with spaces in text commands.
- Show "empty list" indicator when launching
- Prevent unblocking error when only one user is blocked.
- June 6, 2018 (v1.7)
- MACH-59330: Simplify script internals, remove window functions.