PrivateMessageAlert tells you when a private chat is updated (and you're not focused on the chat tab) by adding a blinking message to the tab name informing who messaged you.
All variables are stored in the
PrivateMessageAlert object, which must be defined before the importArticles statement.
- This can be a string or an array of publicly available, valid mp3/ogg/wav files.
- The interval between the tab switching state between users, in milliseconds. Please don't set this to below
- This overrides the translations for your own text to display on the title (and desktop notifications). It replaces $1 with the user who messaged you.
- Boolean that defines if the script should display desktop notifications. It will still ask for permission to show them the first time you run the script, so it should be ok to have this set wiki-wide.
- By default, the script won't do anything if you're viewing the document. This changes it so you still get a notification if you're focused on the window.
// beepSound: ['https://soundbible.com/grab.php?id=1645&type=mp3', 'https://soundbible.com/grab.php?id=1815&type=mp3'],
message: '$1 sent you a message!',