This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the DisambiguationManagement page.
could you use
$().autocomplete() alongside with
action=ajax&rs=getLinkSuggest api endpoint for the text input field to update the suggestion list above?
Additional to that I would like if the text input field won't disappear if I have already typed in something and accidentally move my mouse quite a bit.
Thirdly it would be better for me if only the Link is changed not the link and the linktext (after the pipe).
To make editing easier and faster, you could remember the input from similar cases.
Maybe you can extract the links to suggest from the disambiguation page.
Best regards Agent Zuri 15:43, February 21, 2018 (UTC)
- Done. I didn't do your last line because I don't know what you meant. To recap:
- It has autocomplete through opensearch
- It doesn't hide the suggestion list when you're focused on the input field
- If it is a non-piped link, it keeps the old text.
- But not on the input field. You will need to manually add the pipe.
- It remembers the custom input on a link-by-link basis.
- Also, call me Doru. -- Dorumin 21:08, February 22, 2018 (UTC)
- Hey again Doru, sorry for my late reply. I wanted to answer earlier, but sometimes things do not go as planned...^^
- Well done, thanks for implementing all this! (Y)
- There are some things I notices (sorry for being that annoying):
- The autocomplete seems to include disambiguation pages. Not sure how to easily filter this within opensearch...
- Your initial suggestions above and the suggestions shown by autocomplete look a bit duplicated now. Maybe you could move your initial suggestions from above into the autocomplete results and trigger it initially when the user enters the field. Maybe you could make use of
search( [value] )to achieve that behavior.
- Maybe the pipe problem can be solved even better. What about a second text input if there is a pipe or if it is added in the GUI if there should be a pipe from now on?
- Agent Zuri 19:22, March 8, 2018 (UTC)
Query Continue and UCP
Just a FYI. This script may break when the upcoming Unified Community Platform (UCP) arrives as query continue semantics have changed in the latest MediaWiki version. Easiest fix is to add the rawcontinue parameter to the appropriate queries to force the use of the current query continue response. Aspallar (talk) 17:49, December 27, 2019 (UTC)
- Then it shall break -D 17:53, December 27, 2019 (UTC)