FANDOM


  • This wiki based on the Bloody Blades game has information specific to it, but no one seems aware of the wiki to access the content.

    So it's being merged with the main Seraph of the End Wiki since that is to cover everything anyway and best information is all in an easy to find area.

    Is there something that can mass merge articles onto the established SotE Wiki?

    More specifically is there something that can mass transfer the images, adding them one at a time may take a while so any process or bot areas that can this merge more efficient seems sensible to look into.

      Loading editor
    • See this page.

        Loading editor
    • All done! No one has been on the wiki for like years, messaged admins had no reply, and have done a merge before using that very guide.

      Just with this merge staff suggested (and have given the go ahead to do the merge then I'll contact them to close the other wiki) that I ask here for a tool on mass image moves since it's a large wiki page wise, with loads of images so might need something larger than what the export/import feature can do.

        Loading editor
    • Is there something available or can be made to transfer images onto the new wiki rather than downloading them one at time to re-add in the multi uploader or something?

        Loading editor
    • Well, we do have this script from MediaWiki: mw:Manual:ImportImages.php.

        Loading editor
    • Nice, which parts do I add and where?

      Didn't configure the Bloody Blades wiki though that's a different one from some time ago, but it's a good start if all the images can be transferred.

        Loading editor
    • The script Leafy linked is only for Staff to run, and I doubt they would run it (even if it existed in the current MW version). An available solution on Dev is RubyWikiDownloader but its documentation is, well, not very great. I can transfer all images from one wiki to the other (using that tool) for you if you'd like, but I'd need bot rights on KockaBot on the wiki you're transferring images to.

        Loading editor
    • That sounds double marvellous, should I look into using it as well? Mass transferring images would be amazing since the alternative is adding them one at a time onto a desktop, to re-upload them one at a time.

      Could this also be used to mass merge the articles themselves? Truly all 299 pages, images and all from the Bloody Blades Wiki (a wiki based solely on one game) is all good to be added all in one to the established all covering Seraph of the End Wiki.

      Asked staff about enabling a bot for someone else and staff would like this information added to the bot account:

      A bot account's user profile and talk page should:
      * Clearly identify the account as a bot
      * Link to its owner's user talk page for questions
      * Encourage users to have the bot blocked by an admin if its automated edits are causing damage to the community — the block can be lifted after the causes for the damaging edits are understood and fixed.

      But yes would be superb if you could pull this off, it is quite a momentous undertaking! I'll ask staff to enable your bot on the Seraph of the End Wiki and the Bloody Blades one? Anything that can be mass merged would be brilliant.

        Loading editor
    • Hey, sorry for the late reply.

      S3r0-Ph1i wrote: That sounds double marvellous, should I look into using it as well? Mass transferring images would be amazing since the alternative is adding them one at a time onto a desktop, to re-upload them one at a time.

      Ideally, users should be able to use it themselves, but the way it's made isn't that user-friendly and the documentation doesn't seem to be providing enough information about setup.

      S3r0-Ph1i wrote: Could this also be used to mass merge the articles themselves? Truly all 299 pages, images and all from the Bloody Blades Wiki (a wiki based solely on one game) is all good to be added all in one to the established all covering Seraph of the End Wiki.

      For the articles, you can use Special:Export on one wiki and Special:Import on the other to transfer them. Do you need a list of all articles to input into Special:Export?

      S3r0-Ph1i wrote: Asked staff about enabling a bot for someone else and staff would like this information added to the bot account: [...]

      I added the information on its profile now. It doesn't need bot rights on the wiki it's transferring images from, just on the wiki it's transferring images to. Could you contact Staff about it?

        Loading editor
    • No problem,

      KockaAdmiralac wrote:

      Ideally, users should be able to use it themselves, but the way it's made isn't that user-friendly and the documentation doesn't seem to be providing enough information about setup.

      Hope you can drop it on me on how I could use it myself, not just for here but elsewhere especially with the Curse Media wikis, the more merging fun the better. If a more user friendly mass merging process cannot be made hopefully at least the documentation can be more clear for others. Still we get to deal with this area, how exciting!

      With the articles if a list of all the pages on the Bloody Blades Wiki could be added, might be easier to remove the ones not needed rather than go through each one manually and add them one at a time. So yes please if I could know how to generate a list of all pages on a wiki using the bot.

      Sure thing will ask staff to add your bot to the Seraph of the End Wiki. The game infobox’s either need to be transferred as well or created on the Seraph of the End Wiki and there are multiple ones. Then after the merge it should bring all the written content, images and infobox’s all over?

        Loading editor
    • S3r0-Ph1i wrote: With the articles if a list of all the pages on the Bloody Blades Wiki could be added, might be easier to remove the ones not needed rather than go through each one manually and add them one at a time. So yes please if I could know how to generate a list of all pages on a wiki using the bot.

      I use a script that I put into my JavaScript console and it spits out a list of all pages on the wiki onto the page, but it isn't the most user-friendly way of listing all pages in a namespace, so I'll try to see if I can find or create a more user-friendly way for it in the future. As for now, here's a list of all articles on the Owari no Seraph Bloody Blades Wiki that you can put into Special:Export to export.

      S3r0-Ph1i wrote: Sure thing will ask staff to add your bot to the Seraph of the End Wiki. The game infobox’s either need to be transferred as well or created on the Seraph of the End Wiki and there are multiple ones. Then after the merge it should bring all the written content, images and infobox’s all over?

      If you check the "include templates" checkbox on Special:Export, it'll export templates transcluded in the articles you're exporting. You could also find the templates you want to export yourself and transfer them over to the other wiki. Note that pages whose names are the same on both wikis are going to get their histories merged (if you export the whole history, which I'd recommend) and one of them will override the other.

      Anyways, my bot seems to have the bot flag now, may I start the process to transfer the images from one wiki to the other?

        Loading editor
    • Super nice, whether that or a more user friendly version would love to add that to Ph1i5-B0t. These pages begin with 001 so those are game pages and shouldn't merge or overwrite anything? Yes that sounds excellent, best to begin as we mean to go on and get remarkable things done. Will the articles and templates be able to be moved soon after?

        Loading editor
    • KockaAdmiralac wrote:

      Anyways, my bot seems to have the bot flag now, may I start the process to transfer the images from one wiki to the other?

      Ready whenever you are, there may be more areas that need to be transferred but I could help manually if it is not a bot task. Whichever ensures that nothing is missed and accidentally deleted sounds best!

        Loading editor
    • The bot is now transferring images from one wiki to the other. Does it look okay to you?

      S3r0-Ph1i wrote: Super nice, whether that or a more user friendly version would love to add that to Ph1i5-B0t. These pages begin with 001 so those are game pages and shouldn't merge or overwrite anything? Yes that sounds excellent, best to begin as we mean to go on and get remarkable things done. Will the articles and templates be able to be moved soon after?

      Yeah, they shouldn't overwrite anything, and yeah, you can import the articles after the file merging is done. (You can import them right now, too, but they will contain broken files for a short time.)

        Loading editor
    • Looks smashing, the three unaccounted images is one from a blog, the wordmark and background just to note that.

      Is a bot used to mass transfer the articles, and then again for the infobox's? At which point with the images present everything shall be as it should be? 

        Loading editor
    • Everything seems to be in order?

      KockaAdmiralac wrote:
      An available solution on Dev is RubyWikiDownloader but its documentation is, well, not very great.

      There seems to be around three ways to mass download images from wikis.

      Also this one for gathering a list of all pages on a wiki. 

      For both may we make the documentation more user friendly if that helps? It would be two nice things to make and I would like to use both since they are exceptionally handy.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.

Fandom may earn an affiliate commission on sales made from links on this page.

Stream the best stories.

Fandom may earn an affiliate commission on sales made from links on this page.

Get Disney+