Re: Using Bootstrap
Hello Andrew and thanks a lot for informing me about these two threads. I hadn't notice it yet.
I linked the docs for version three now, so you can access it to get documentation for the code which is available here.
I know that I have to add several other codes including js and should offer upgrade to v4, but I'm pretty busy at the moment. I hope I can to this next week.
But I will have a look on these two threads anyway.
With this template, would the updated dev scripts here help with having the circle image in the centre? There was also space to add a rectangular Spiritpact image or .gif on the template if that is a course to make it nicer. S3r0-Ph1i (talk) 20:38, January 31, 2020 (UTC)
- No. The script should not behave any differently than before so it won't help. What you can do is set the table layout to fixed and then set the width of the center cell to that of the image. That will ensure that the center cell's width matches that of the image. The two other cells will be auto-adjusted to take up the rest of the width. I am not quite sure what you are getting at with the additional images. If you are just thinking they would make the template more visually appealing, that is totally up to you.
Andrewds1021 (talk) 22:59, January 31, 2020 (UTC)
- Is there a way to add a rectangular image/.gif be placed underneath the circular profile image? S3r0-Ph1i (talk) 22:40, February 28, 2020 (UTC)
- You could probably just put it in the row below with the name and whatnot. As it is, you have a lot of empty space there since you set the height of that row to 150px. Otherwise, you can just insert a new row for the image.
Andrewds1021 (talk) 02:45, February 29, 2020 (UTC)
RailWAM isn’t added to ViacomCBS, can you help?Self explainable title
NOTE: This signature is no longer used and will be kept for archival purposes.
04:00, February 12, 2020 (UTC)
- See my reply in the original thread on Community Central (here).
- Andrewds1021 (talk) 05:14, February 12, 2020 (UTC)
Hello from Thedarkgreenmeme
- Yes, I am on this wiki as well. Although, only occasionally. I am mostly on Community Central. This is where users can post Lua modules, JS scripts, and CSS that they think others will find helpful. It has its own Discord server and its own community of helpful users.
Andrewds1021 (talk) 02:28, April 16, 2020 (UTC)
After a recent change that added the possibility to add links on avatars to User Avatar Finder, do you think UserAvatarLink should be archived?
- I would be open to the idea but I do know of one or two wikis that actually use the script. So I am not sure if we would want to remove it entirely or just leave a note on the documentation page. I haven't looked in detail but, at a glance there are a few differences. The enhancement allows you to put a link to anywhere (potentially off-wiki without labeling as an external link) and sets the title to the username regardless. In contrast, my script restricts the possible targets (the idea being that it actually points to something related to the user as opposed to any random page) and sets the title to match the target (I think that is a good idea for transparency about where the link is going). Another difference is that my script has a default target that gets applied if you don't specify a page. With this particular version of the enhancement, you need to explicitly state each page even if it is as basic as the actual user page. Whether it makes more sense to keep both scripts, incorporate some of my scripts behaviors into the enhancement, or just offer the enhancement as is I am not sure. I would probably defer to you on that.
Andrewds1021 (talk) 19:35, August 16, 2020 (UTC)