- 1 Further UCP Updates for AutoCreateUserPages
- 2 Untitled
- 3 Displayed icon
- 4 SandboxTab
- 5 Reference Popups fix
- 6 ask
- 7 Deletion of the redirected !bang/code.js
- 8 Change flags source in Flags
- 9 Discussion Module
- 10 Scripts
- 11 Suggestion for Dev Wiki:UCP
- 12 Content Moderator Requirement
- 13 Problems with SandboxTab & User Avatar Finder
- 14 YoutubePlayer size
- 15 "RecentChangeMultiple -Tab"
Welcome to my talkpage! You can leave me a message about anything regarding the wiki, my scripts on it or general Fandom development here.
Messages left here will be answered to on your own talkpage. This is so you receive a talkpage notification when I reply to you.
Further UCP Updates for AutoCreateUserPages
Hello KockaAdmiralac. I was just wondering if you would consider updating or allowing someone else to update AutoCreateUserPages to check for posts, messages, and comments. Please let me know when you can.
Andrewds1021 (talk) 02:41, January 12, 2021 (UTC)
- Well, if you don't mind. I could make some changes and just not submit them for review until you take a look. I already have some idea of how it might get done but the details might need a little more fleshing out.
Andrewds1021 (talk) 23:12, January 12, 2021 (UTC)
- I started working on an update and think I have found another issue. It appears that the return value from mediawiki.api is different on UCP. I tested the request for user contributions on both legacy and UCP with both valid and invalid requests and found the following. On legacy, all requests are resolved with 3 arguments: response object, status text (always "success"), request object. However, on UCP, the returned values appear to depend on the success of the request. Without an error (including with warnings): response object, request object. With an error: error code, response object, same response object, request object. The error code is some string and appears to be the same as response.error.code.
Andrewds1021 (talk) 00:59, January 14, 2021 (UTC)
- Thanks for the information. I did some more testing of the arguments myself just to check a few things. I have posted my current version of the script for you to look over prior to submitting for approval. I believe it should work but there are a few additional things I have questions about. Here is a summary of what I did:
notifyfor easy re-use in other functions and re-wrote those functions to use it
cbContribsto check for Feeds activity using wikia.php
- Added fail callback counterparts for
- Combined your multiple return statements in
processPage. I believe this was done correctly but please feel free to double check.
- Here are some additional things I have questions about:
- Do we want fail callbacks for checking whether or not message walls are enabled?
- Do we want a fail callback counterpart for
- Is there a reason we don't want to use the same notification style for successful page creation and error messages?
- I combined the return statements in
processPagebut I have a few questions about them.
- Is there a reason we are checking
content === falseinstead of just any falsy value?
- What does
k === -1check for? The object keys are strings aren't they? So they will never match that.
- I know this isn't a likely scenario but it looks like we are checking the last contributor to the user/user talk page. If it is one of the two bot accounts, we overwrite the page. Do we want to do some extra checking just to make sure the bots weren't used to make some edit other than creating the page?
- Is there a reason we are checking
- Andrewds1021 (talk) 05:37, January 15, 2021 (UTC)
- Thanks for the replies and no worries about the return statement. So just to make sure I understood correctly, there are two things we may be interested in adding.
- A fail counterpart for
- Some check in case the listed bots were used to do something else to the page like move it
- A fail counterpart for
- There are still a something I don't understand. If
contentis not specified, then use of
$.extendshould give the desired fallback. However, it seems that
$.extendwill happily replace a truthy value with a falsy one. So if the user provides a falsy value like an empty string, that would blank the contents of the page. Is that a desired effect?
- I examined the notification system and I see what you mean. However, while there is no dedicated class for success notifications, they do still look different (albeit just by a very thin border) from error notifications. If you want I can upload a screenshot so you can see.
- My apologies if the back-and-forth is getting annoying. I am guessing this particular script is not of particularly high priority to you especially since everything we are discussion are just tweaks at this point.
Andrewds1021 (talk) 06:36, January 16, 2021 (UTC)
- Removed portion of previous comment after figuring it out myself.
Andrewds1021 (talk) 06:55, January 16, 2021 (UTC)
Excuse me I need some help I became a bureaucrat on a Wiki and I want some help one thing is how do you customize the MastheadRightsBadge because I made some new badges for the wiki I'm a bureaucrat of —Preceding unsigned comment added by Windows95 helper (talk • contribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
Hi. I have a little problem with my JS code. I have a test JS code here on my personal JS place. I've implemented it in here. It's used to display an icon on top of featured article(s). The vertical location of it, the area around PageHeader section, is displayed correctly. But the horizontal one is unfortunately not. I've tried to tweak the codes a few times before publishing it, and tried to tweak the codes once before I come to seek your help. I wish to have its horizontal location displayed a little bit farther (1 or 2 centimeter[s]) than the very left of the "Recent Activity" module below. (like in the implemented place). Can you please have a look? Aphrodite Sweetheart (talk) 11:11, January 14, 2021 (UTC)
- I have tried but no avail. I'll attach a photo here so you can check it. The red circle is where I expect it to show up, and the purple button is where it actually shows up =]].
- P/S: Realized that I messed the "horizontal" and "vertical" parts that caused you confusion. Please pardon my stupid self. I have corrected what I actually meant to say by the photo above. Thanks for your time. Aphrodite Sweetheart (talk) 03:05, January 15, 2021 (UTC)
Yes, it's quite close to what I meant to say, I just need to try to adjust the height to move a bit closer to be equal to page header and edit button. Pardon me please but change what from 65px to 250px?Ah I figured out the matter after a while thinking about which 65px you meant to say. I found it. Thank you for fixing my stuff ^^ Aphrodite Sweetheart (talk) 12:08, January 15, 2021 (UTC)
Hello! You have made this edit for UCP compatability - was it working? It seems to not work now, and I think it's due to the masthead being lazy-loaded as you wrote yourself on the UCP JS changes page. 16:44, January 18, 2021 (UTC)
Reference Popups fix
- Since I saw you translating scripts to Indonesian, you can check a list of all the scripts without Indonesian support here, from where you can use the I18nEdit interface to translate scripts. Additionally you can also translate doc articles found here. Hope that helps :) ~Creeper 13:42 (IST) 08:12, January 23, 2021 (UTC)
Deletion of the redirected !bang/code.js
As opposed to importArticles, MediaWiki:ImportJS pages had no problem to load the script with it's initial name, and several did. Would keeping the redirect prevent their import from breaking? 23:42, 28 January 2021 (UTC)
Change flags source in Flags
Do you Know how to make this Discussion Module? I really need it for my wiki.
Suggestion for Dev Wiki:UCP
It seems like users are often adding the "Awaiting" mark because of lack of a better mark. Maybe a "Partial" mark would be handful. Also maybe the "Unknown" mark should better be "Incompatible/Unknown", since it is used for scripts that are obviously broken. 20:05, 9 February 2021 (UTC)
Content Moderator Requirement
Problems with SandboxTab & User Avatar Finder
It seems that the SandboxTab and User Avatar Finder scripts do not work when I use ImportJS to load them. I've tested them on a couple wikis and I notice that when I add these scripts alongside other scripts at the same time, they stop working. The two scripts continue to not work on ImportJS even after removing the other scripts, but they work fine when they are added to my common.js. CheesyPotatoes :) (talk) 07:32, 19 February 2021 (UTC)
I have a suggestion / idea on how to make Fewfre's RecentChangeMultiple more invocable for me. In your Sandbox tab script, I simply replaced "RecentChangeMultiple" with "Sandbox" wherever it is written. The problem is, however, that I don't know anything about Java script, and this change didn't have the desired effect: instead of "RecentChangeMultiple", the tab is identified as "<i18njs-RecentChangeMultiple-RecentChangeMultiple>", which of course leads to errors.
Would you be willing to help me find the error or may I use your script at all?
PS:The skript you can find here. I tried the customised script on my common.js page of my wiki. Maybe that's why it doesn't work (the test mode for the customised script I tried first (+ entering the script name in the common.js page that exists here) didn't give any results).
- Dear Kocka Admiralac,
- I did not know this rule and was about to delete the code that you have already deleted.
- Yours sincerely,
- Dear Kocka Admiralac,